Despite being brought into the market less than two years ago, Disney Plus has quickly risen the ranks of streaming services, and is now regarded as one of the best. It offers an unparalleled selection of family-oriented content.
Plus, there are more smart gadgets offering built-in apps, making it easier to browse its catalog. These let you take the guesswork out of setting up Disney Plus on your device(s). This way, you can enjoy your cult films, latest blockbusters and more.
But if you’re new to the world of streaming, you might find it a little difficult to get started. This is why we’ve provided comprehensive tutorials that explain how to get Disney Plus on your TV. Read on to learn more.
How to access Disney Plus on Roku or Samsung Smart TV
- First, navigate your way to your TV’s homescreen. Once there, go through the selection of apps until you come across “Add Channel.” Select this option.
- Browse the recommended options till you get to the Disney Plus app, then choose it.
- Select “Add channel” to incorporate to your current channel list, which appears on your homescreen.
- Go back to “Home” and launch the Disney Plus application. Now all that’s left to do is to log in if you already have an account or sign up for one.
How to access Disney Plus on an LG smart TV, Philips smart TV or Sony smart TV
- Go to the homescreen and navigate your way to Google Play Store. In the case of LG smart tv’s, you can go to the LG Content Store.
- Type the word “Disney+” inside the search box that pops up.
- Doing this will reveal the Disney Plus app, which you’ll need to select.
- When it’s done installing the app, go back to the homescreen, and log in/sign up to access content.
Although Disney Plus is available in all these TV brands, it’s yet to become available on the Panasonic smart TV. The company released a statement claiming that the app may become available on this device in the future.
Are you upset that you won’t be able to watch your favorite cartoon movie because you have a Panasonic tv? Well, don’t give up just yet. There are a couple of other streaming options as shown below:
How to access Disney Plus on chromecast built-in smart TV
If the Disney Plus is not listed on your current smart TV’s app store, then another option you can use is Chromecast.
Often, you’ll find this feature built into many smart tv’s. However, this method requires you to have Disney Plus on your phone. Once you’ve added Disney Plus to your phone, follow these steps:
- From your mobile phone, select the cast icon positioned on the top right corner of your Disney Plus application. If you can cast the Disney Plus from your phone to the TV, this feature will be listed among the casting options.
- If this is a possibility, the next thing you’ll do is to choose your TV from the available devices that get displayed on your phone. Doing this will automatically allow the Disney Plus app to connect to your television.
In addition to being a user-friendly process, another thing we like about this approach is that it lets you choose what you want to watch on the TV from your phone’s app.
How to access Disney Plus on your TV via a streaming device
Did you know that it’s possible to convert an ordinary TV into a smart TV? That’s right, all you need is a streaming device, which is compatible with your TV’s HDMI port.
If you invest in the Amazon Fire Stick or Roku device, you will just as easily be able to access Disney Plus from the app store. In fact, you’ll follow the same steps mentioned above for the smart TVs.
If you opt for a Google Chromecast plug-in gadget, then you should be able to follow a similar process as the one described for Chromecast built-in TVs. The only thing different is that you’ll have to connect your Chromecast device first by plugging it into your TV’s HDMI port.
A top-tier streaming service, Disney Plus makes an excellent addition to your entertainment sources, more so for homeowners interested in family-oriented content.
And the best part is, it’s not difficult to get it on your TV. The process for incorporating this platform’s content will vary slightly depending on the device you use to stream. We’ve provided detailed steps to guide you through adding Disney Plus on different TVs and streaming devices.